Lilikoi Pork Pizza
Lilikoi Pork Pizza features a base of garlic aioli, shredded pork, sweet Maui onions, and red bell pepper topped with three cheeses (mozzarella, Romano, and parmesan) and drizzled with a lilikoi syrup. This is the perfect pizza to make when you have leftover pulled pork and want a little tropical flavor.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-cracked black pepper
- 2 lb pizza dough, homemade or storebought (see notes)
- 1 and 1/2 cup cooked pulled pork
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup kale, stems removed, finely chopped
- 1 sweet Maui onion (about 1/2 cup), sliced
- 1 and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 and 1/2 cup Romano cheese, shredded
- 1 and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 lilikoi, fresh (or lilikoi syrup, see notes)
If you are using pulled pork from a crock pot, you want to crisp it up before putting it on the pizza. This helps prevent sogginess. Set your broiler to HIGH. I spread the pork in a thin layer on a cookie sheet. Broil for 5-10 minutes keeping a close eye on it. Set aside to cool while proceeding to next steps.
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F for at least 30 minutes. Put the pizza stone in the oven while it is preheating so it gets nice and hot.
Whisk together the ingredients for the garlic aoli and set aside.
To assemble: Shape the pizza dough into a round flat disc measuring about 12 inches in diameter (note that the recipe makes enough for two 12 inch pizzas). Brush the entire surface area with olive oil. Smear with a thin layer of garlic aoili, add the cheeses, followed by the meat and other toppings. Sprinkle with a little extra cheese at the end.
Working with the pizza stone: I normally prep my pizza on a piece of parchment parment paper sprinkled with cornmeal. Then I just transfer the pizza (still on the parchment paper) to the stone for baking.
Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and all the cheeses have melted.
Drizzle with lilikoi syrup or top with lilikoi seeds. Slice and serve immediately.